Hydroponics technology has brought about a rapid increase in indoor gardening and subsequently, the need for the best grow cabinets today.
Cultivation and distribution of weed for recreational and medical use have been legalized in some countries, which means people from such countries are able to grow and use Cannabis Sativa in the comfort of their homes.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you shop through the links on YardThyme, we may earn an affiliate's commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. For more information, read full disclosure here.
- Buyer’s Guide to Grow Cabinets
- Top 7 Grow Cabinets and Boxes Reviews 2021
Buyer’s Guide to Grow Cabinets
It’s no doubt that the use of a grow box is the finest way to create a discreet garden inside your house. It is gradually gaining popularity among the indoor growers and more particularly the marijuana growers.
But have you thought about why should you get one? What are the pros and cons of grow boxes? Keep reading to find out!
Why Should You Get a Grow Cabinet
It helps to optimize a limited space and to keep things under wraps.
You don’t want everyone finding out that you are a weed farmer because sometimes people get labeled some funny nicknames and stereotypes that could be problematic.
Most grow boxes are pre-assembled and you can choose the one you find fit best based on its features.
In essence, this is what you get,
You are able to grow your marijuana indoors within an environment that is both controlled and secure. Grow cabinets enable you to grow weed all year round no matter the prevailing temperatures in your surroundings.
They can also help to protect your plants against pests and diseases. The advanced features help you to control the optimal temperatures, nutrition levels, light patterns and other conditions that are apt for weed growth and development.
What Determines Which Weed Grow Box is Good?
Grow cabinets are numerous and several factors can determine your preference such as affordability, purpose, class, technology, and features among others.
For instance, you can pick the best grow closet based on your purpose and affordability. You are able to get a budget-friendly grow box with sufficient useful features, or can opt for grow boxes that are a bit expensive but are classy in addition to their superior features.
If you are on a search for the best grow closets, here are some of the basic features to consider:
- Grow boxes and cabinets can either be soil-based or hydroponics.
- Some grow cabinets have an air-conditioning system that helps keep temperatures relatively low as well as control the emission of carbon dioxide to the surrounding.
- A carbon filter feature helps to actively clean the air and prevents bad odor from escaping to the surrounding areas. Cylinder filters are available in different heights and diameters.
- A ventilation system is ideal for proper circulation of air to control humidity and temperature conditions. They include an induct fan, a rotating fan, and a light hood cooling fan.
- The lighting system allows for control of seasons and boosts energy uptake over the natural light like the sun. Various light options are used such as the Compact fluorescent bulb, high-intensity discharge lamps, light-emitting diodes bulbs, and metal halide lamps.
- The hydroponic systems are used to grow plants in nutrient-rich solutions and to boost the nutrients uptake with better yields and growth rates overgrowing in the soil.
The systems can include deep water culture, aeroponics, drip irrigation, EBB & Flow systems, and floater and wicker systems.
- Carbon dioxide systems are used for control of carbon dioxide levels to improve the photosynthesis rates. There are cans that gradually release it and are absolutely disposable and a tank system that slowly releases carbon dioxide from a tank at a set rate
- The water filtering system is used to clean the nutrient solution so as to get rid of particles that could damage the plants or the hydroponic system. There are various types of inline filters and filtering systems that are placed in the nutrient solution.
The Pros and Cons of Grow Cabinets
- It is less tedious as you do not have to prepare any soil or remove any weeds.
- There are greater yields and a bumper harvest is produced.
- It is earth-friendly and consumes less water than soil-based gardening.
- It requires little space to garden.
- It is portable and can be moved indoors and outdoors as the weather permits.
- The plants do not compete for nutrients as they are provided with sufficient nutrients.
- The plants in the grow cabinets grow much faster than in soil
- It consumes fewer pesticides and is less toxic.
- Expense- It is a bit expensive and can be financially strenuous especially when starting out.
- Diligence – It requires a lot of control and monitoring of the nutritional fluctuations among other aspects.
- Energy and Resources usage – It consumes a lot of electrical power.
- Knowledge level – It requires doing some basic research to achieve a certain level of knowledge on how to operate it.
Top 7 Grow Cabinets and Boxes Reviews 2021
For many indoor cannabis growers, stealth is of utmost significance. You want the best cannabis grow box that provides you with these 6 key solutions:
- Conceal odor,
- Insulate light,
- Offer safety,
- Minimize visibility,
- Lower heat,
- Minimize utility bills and noise.
Here are the 7 best stealth grow cabinets on the market today:
Yield Machine Max 4 Foot LED Grow Box
This is one of the best grow boxes and without a doubt, one of the best marijuana grow boxes you can find.
It is four feet tall, 17.5 inches wide by 13.5 inches deep grow box that is ideal when you want to increase yields.
It has an exceptional width that can hold a 6 quart and 6 plant systems. It is outfitted with a 150 Watt LED grow lamp that can be adjusted.
- Amazing features such as 4.75 fans, carbon filters, and odor block filters.
- Full-spectrum LED lamp.
- It has an attractive design and can be used in a limited space.
- It has installed pumps, net pots, tubing and grows cubes among others.
- It is a bit expensive and requires high maintenance costs.
The Cash Crop 5.0 LED Grow Box by Dealzer
This is one of the best grow boxes for beginners. Its features are simple and easy to navigate.
It is a three-foot model; well fitted with everything you need with the exception of the seeds. It is equipped with an LED lamp and a hydroponic system.
It’s the best small grow box suitable for personal use or to plant only a few plants.
- It is budget-friendly and easily affordable.
- It has 6 net pots.
- It has a lock and a key.
- It is small and shorter than other models.
- It does not provide seeds to the user.
Dealzer Grandma’s Secret Garden 3.0
This is the best indoor grow boxes that can grow up to 9 plants at a go. It is pre-fitted with 6500k grow bulbs along with 2700k flowering bulbs.
It is very attractive and appealing to the eye and can boost your space ambiance.
- It is particularly easy to set up and maintain.
- It supports growing 9 plants at a time.
- It is made of strong materials and has a vinyl finish.
- It includes such supplies as nutrients and moon dust grows.
- The fans make an irritating sound at times.
- It does not have a doorknob.
SuperCloset Superbox 200 Watt Growbox
A highly secure grow box by Supercloset. Although small, it still is one of the best stealth grow boxes that can hold 1 to 10 plants.
It has a 16-gauge steel door and your stash of weed cannot be easily accessible without your prior knowledge. It has a top-feed drip hydroponics system.
When it comes to cost, it’s on the high end of the spectrum but has a strong build to compensate for that.
- It is very strong with 16-gauge steel.
- It is lockable and so highly safe and secure.
- It is fully automated.
- It is sleek with a low profile and can comfortably ensure high privacy.
- It is small.
- It is more expensive than most other grow boxes.
SuperCloset SuperTrinity LED Grow Cabinet
This high-quality grow box has a three-chamber dual cabinet system. It is perfectly made for a perpetual growth cycle. It allows you to use one chamber to clone and germinate and then another to grow which is the dedicated vegetation chamber.
You finally can transplant your cannabis to the flowering chamber for blossoming and harvesting.
- It is equipped with three chambers within the dual cabinet system. It includes the cloning, vegetative and flowering chambers.
- It is large and thus you can get massive yields every month.
- Each chamber holds up to 12 plants at a time.
- Has 3 Watt k3-L600 grow lamps.
- It is fully automated and offers a quick and a bumper harvest.
- It takes up a huge space.
Colorado Grow Box – Stealth Hydroponic Grow Box
This is one of the best stealth grow cabinets and is covered in Mylar inside that gives maximum light reflection which ensures that your marijuana receives light from all corners.
It has huge box fans that reduce odor and keeps the plants ever fresh. It has a 600-watt output lamp that provides a full spectrum light and nutrients for the weeds to flourish.
- It has an LED lamp with a 600-watt output.
- It has a gigantic fan that provides fresh air to your marijuana.
- Its light is adjustable and can be placed over the plants which will then give your plants shorter stems but more branching and the weeds get more flowers.
- The hydroponic system offers nutrients for roots over the air stones.
- It holds up to 6 plants at a time.
- It incurs high maintenance costs as it consumes a lot of electricity power
Hellogrower 30” Stealth Grow Box
This is a 30 inch small grow cabinet that is most suitable for a small grower. It has a full spectrum LED grow lamp that provides up to 125 watts of light while saving the consumption of power.
It runs at a low temperature but makes a bit of noise.
Personally, this makes this box as one of the best led grow box because you can incorporate a padlock to lock it and to keep it safe.
- It has a powerful fan
- It has a 100% mylar fan
- It is lockable
- It has shaded rear vents
- It makes a little bit of noise
- It is small and can fit three plants only at a time.
It is always prudent to perform basic research before you buy a grow box to establish the best grow box on the market at the time.
A choice of the best grow cabinet is determined by many factors and you need to weigh the pros against the cons of each grow box to make a perfect choice.
I hope this guide will help you to make an informed decision when it comes to the choice of the best grow box of 2021.
Please feel free to share with us any comment and ask any questions that you may have.